Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: EWS64 ISA BUS

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone know if there is some way to speed up the communication with the ISA bus.
    This seems to be one of the biggest problem with the EWS64. By the way, is there any knowledge out there about the drivers (2.28) regarding driver speed/quality? Would it be possible to speed up things in any way.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Alexei Fetisov's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! smile)
    About ISA: There is only way to speed up ISA is simply buy more new/fast motherboard.
    About drivers 2.28: I'm use this drivers more than one year. I found no bugs. Thus no newest divers that 2.28 TerraTec in not develop at this time. Feel free to use it, but be careful with DirectX 7. People warn me 7 has some glitches with sound.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hi Alexei, thank you for the reply.
    You mentioned that ISA could eventually run faster by buying a new/faster motherboard. That sounds really interesting! Do you know how that is achieved? After all, as far as I know, the ISA bus runs at a constant speed independent of other things because of compatibility reasons - I must say I'm not really sure about this though.

    I am also running the 2.28 drivers - ever since they were released. They are functioning well for me to, but what I want to know is for example, how much latency is produced by the drivers themselves in terms of milliseconds (of course that dependent of the CPU speed, but I mean aproximately).

    Lets continue with this thread if it could possible lead us any further.

    best regards
    /bjorn

  4. #4
    Inactive Member miditech's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry my friend, but the bus speed of isa can not be run any faster than 900kps without the chipset crashing. We have in the past tried to speed up the clock crystal on a tx pro motherboard. But the ews64 we had in it developed so many gliches it became unuesable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •